Who and What?
Wellness Walk & Research Run is the largest annual fundraising event hosted by the Olivia Newton-John Wellness and Research Centre. In 2018, the event raised $600,000 and attracted 2,900 participants. For it’s 7th running in 2019, the ONJ Wellness Centre team made the switch to Evenico.
Reasons for Switching to Evenico
The Wellness Walk & Research Run moved to Evenico in 2019 from a third-party fundraising platform. The objectives of this move were to:
- Make it ridiculously easy for people to register and fundraise, especially in teams. In 2018, the key participant complaint centred on registration difficulties.
- Improve fundraiser activation
- After 7 years, boost the event in to the “$1M fundraising club”
A New Approach
Evenico partnered with the ONJ Centre team to create a fully-integrated event, fundraising and donor hub. This approach enabled registrants to explore the event, register, create a fundraising page, self-donate and buy merchandise within one site and in a single transaction flow.
Evenico’s integrated event registration and fundraising flow ensured 100% of registrants were automatically set up with a fundraising page, thereby eleminating the friction of asking registrants to set up fundraising pages as a separate activity.
The new Wellness Walk & Research Run site launched in May 2019 with registrations and fundraising kicking off immediately.
Wellness Walk & Research Run 2019 was the most successful campaign in its 7 year history.
By the numbers:
- Achieved 70% year-on-year revenue growth to $1.1M
- Increased registrations by over 56%
- Actual fundraising participation (i.e. fundraisers with a page that received at least one donation) grew substatially by 48%
- Reduced support incidents due to an easier and more intuitive website
Oh Dear…. Things To Do Better
The Wellness Walk & Research Run event team highlighted the following areas for improvement for Evenico, which is informing platform updates heading in to 2020:
- Single View of Customer - Evenico’s breadth of engagement options enables a single customer to be a registrant, fundraiser, donor and merchandise buyer all at once. The Wellness Walk & Research Run team have asked for a way to see all of this information on one profile page.
- Event Lifecycle Management - Automating what happens with event and fundraising settings on the actual event day and subsequent weeks would be a big time saver and help lead generation heading in to 2020.
- Deeper Data Insights - The Wellness Walk & Research Run team are using data insights to improve digital engagement for its audience, and has asked Evenico to focus on giving deeper access to data and statistics within the event and fundraising system. Evenico is working with the team to pilot new data insights for 2020 prior to general rollout.
Evenico is working with the ONJ Wellness Centre along with a range of other customers to help build the sector’s best software platform to engage supporter communities. We’d love to hear how we can help your NFP or education institution improve digital engagement with your supporters.